With iron deficiency, we have a real problem that can lead to anemia. Symptoms include fatigue, shortness of breath and increased susceptibility to infection (
The recommended daily allowance (RDA) for iron, proposed by the Superior Health Council in Belgium (SHC), corresponds to 9 mg/day for adult men, 9 to 15 mg for adult women (depending on the start of menopause).
1 teaspoon (3 g) of ALGO-RITME sprinkles already contains 3.75 mg of iron on average. This covers 41% of your RDA
What is the difference between an iron supplement and a teaspoon of spirulina sprinkles? The secret of the sprinkles lies in the bioavailability and the way in which iron can be absorbed by the body. The iron from spirulina is absorbed much better. The iron from our sprinkles is absorbed almost as well as the iron contained in meat. Whole grains* are considered a good source of vegetable iron. However, these contain substances (phytates and oxalates) that cause a reduced absorption of the iron. That is why spirulina is superior in two areas. The concentration of iron per kg is much higher than grains (3 to 4 times) and the sprinkles do not contain phytates and oxalates that reduce absorption. An additional advantage is that vitamin C (present in spirulina) promotes the absorption of iron. These elements make sprinkles an excellent source of iron for our body.
* Whole grains contribute 25% to the average iron intake. In Belgium, meat contributes 19% to the total iron absorption.
Total power source
Adequate iron intake is a first step in fighting anemia. But more is needed to combat the symptoms of fatigue, shortness of breath or infections. The great advantage of spirulina is that it provides a total package. It is considered to be one of the most nutrient-rich products on earth. In addition to iron and vitamin C, it contains a whole range of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It is the synergy between all these elements that makes the spirulina sprinkles unique.
Pure and easy
Sprinkles are the purest form of spirulina. They retain a maximum of all nutrients present in spirulina and thus contribute to the supply of important building blocks for our body. Instead of messing with various unnatural capsules and tablets that contain fillers, you can easily choose sprinkles. One or two teaspoons of sprinkles and a glass of water or fruit juice and you are ready to kickstart your day. If you want to make an even bigger vitamin bomb, add them to a fruit smoothie. This provides you with the perfect mix full of energy for a healthy lifestyle. Sprinkles provide you with all the necessary nutrients in a 100% natural way, simple and easy.
Scientific references iron deficit
1. Gesquiere I, Foulon V, Van Der Schueren B, Matthys C. Ijzer, essentieel voor een goede gezondheid. 2013.
2. Teppers E. IJzer. In: Bel S, Tafforeau J (ed.). Voedselconsumptiepeiling 2014-2015. Rapport 4. WIV-ISP, Brussel, 2016
3. Puyfoulhoux G. & al. : Iron availability from iron-fortified spirulina by an in vitro digestion/Caco-2 cell culture model. J Agric Food Chem. 2001 Mar;49(3):1625-9.
4. Salmeán et al. Nutritional and toxicological aspects of Spirulina (Arthrospira) Gabriela Gutiérrez- Nutr Hosp. 2015; 32(1):34-40 ISSN 0212-1611
5. Walter P. Effects of vegetarian diets on aging and longevity. Nutr Rev 1997; 55(1): S61-8.